Monitoring the presence of the tiger mosquito in the Basque Country
- Financing: State Plan for Monitoring Aedes sp. Ministry of Health, Social Services and Equality)
- Head researcher: Ana L García-Pérez,
- Implementation: 2013-2015
The main objective of this project is to monitor the presence of the tiger mosquito in the Basque Country
The specific objectives are:
1. Selection of strategic sampling points and placement of traps for collecting eggs from Aedes sp between spring and autumn, which will be taken to the laboratory to continue their development (hatching) and identification of 4 larvae of Aedes albopictus. When there is suspicion of its presence, traps will be laid to capture adult specimens, in the period of maximum activity, between August and November.
2. Preparation of reports and brochures and outreach work.