Cultivation of pulses of nutritional interest in the Basque Country for the development of healthy and sustainable plant-based products
- Start of the project: 01/12/2022
- End of project: 31/12/2025
- Main researcher: Amaia Ortiz Barredo
- Department: Plant Production
- Funder: Operational Groups
- Budget: 25.543,30 € (56,72% financed)
- Partners: Delicass, Alternativas de cultivo, Uaga, Leartiker, Basque Food Cluster and NEIKER
This project aims to identify and produce in Euskadi (Alava) varieties of local legumes and of nutritional interest for the subsequent development of processed vegetable products such as hamburgers and crumbled meat (for the preparation of fillings such as cannelloni).
- Identify and cultivate a variety of legume with differentiated nutritional properties that allow it to be an alternative source of local protein.
- Development of new healthy plant-based products made from local pulses.
- Create new business models and jobs related to the production and marketing of protein-enriched products made from local pulses.
- Incorporate new healthy and sustainable plant-based products into the market and promote changes in consumption habits.