Opportunities and constraints for the transition to A2 milk production in dairy cattle
- Project start: 16/12/2022
- End of project: 31/12/2023
- Principal Investigator: Itsasne Granado Tajada
- Department: Animal Production
- Funder: BERRIKER 2022 – Basque Government
- Budget granted: 68 % of 82711 €.
- Partners: Leartiker, S. Coop. and NEIKER
- Web: www.leartiker.com/proyectos/67
To acquire and disseminate new knowledge on the possible benefits of producing and consuming A2 cow’s milk (and dairy products) compared to A1 milk.
EVALUATION OF THE TRANSITION FROM A1 TO A2 IN ANIMAL PRODUCTION.
- To evaluate the production differences of A1 milk cows compared to A2 milk cows.
- To establish the basis for the genetic transition from A1 to A2 milk producing cows.
- Study the regulatory and licensing framework for marketing A2 milk.
ASSESSMENT AND OPTIMISATION OF THE COAGULATION PROPERTIES OF DAIRY PRODUCTS MADE FROM A2 MILK.
- Investigate the effect of the type of β-casein on the coagulation properties of milk.
- Experimental evaluation of strategies to obtain maximum cheese yield from A2 milk.
- Analysis and evaluation of the quality and food safety of cheeses made from A2 milk