Control of tuberculosis in animals through vaccines and multi-species diagnoses
- Financing: 7th Framework Programme- European Funding FP7-KBBE-2013-7- CP-TP 613799
- Head researcher: Ramón Juste
- Implementation: 2014-2015
This project aims to use the results from the project TB-STEP – “Strategies for the eradication of bovine tuberculosis”, (FP7-KBBE-2007 212414), to develop a series of pre-commercial solutions to control tuberculosis by testing the technical and economical viability.
The specific objectives are:
1. To standardise and optimise the production of a vaccine against TB (prototype result from the TB-STEP project)
2. To evaluate various diagnostic strategies compatible with vaccination (also the result of the TB-STEP project) that will include multi-species DIVA (differentiating infection in vaccinated animals) tests (swine, cattle).
3. To evaluate the efficiency in the field of integrated TB control strategies, including the oral vaccination to control TB in wild boar.
4. To evaluate the efficiency in the field of integrated TB control strategies, including the oral vaccination to control TB in domestic and wild pigs.
5. To define the operational and marketing strategy, including guidelines for technology transfer and the development of market-oriented business.