Use of precision techniques for the assessment of erosion in vineyards in Rioja Alavesa
- Start of project: 01/01/2022
- End of project: 30/06/2023
- Funders: EU through its INTERREG programme.
- Budget: 79,039.56 (subsidised 55.61%)
- Partnerts: Association Climatologique de la Moyenne-Garonne et du Sud-Ouest, Chambre d’Agriculture de la Dordogne, Agencia Estatal Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Científicas, Agencia de Medio Ambiente y Agua de Andalucía, Westcountry Rivers Trust, Laboratório da Paisagem de Guimarães, Centro de Estudos Sociais- Universidade de Coimbra, National University of Ireland, Galway, CajaMar Caja Rural, Agencia Estatal de Meteorología, Agência Portuguesa do Ambiente, Conseil Régional Nouvelle-Aquitaine, Rivers Trust, Syndicat Mixte Ouvert EPIDROPT y Teagasc – Agriculture and Food Development Authority
- Web: Riskaquasoil
The aim is to measure the erosion of vineyards in the Rioja Alavesa using precision techniques (topographic surveys with drones) at the beginning and end of the project or when there has been a heavy rainfall event.
One measure that can alleviate this problem is the use of plant covers in vineyards; a device will be installed to collect the eroded soil when there is a cover and when the soil is bare. Another method of estimating erosion that is very widespread in the world is the use of equations such as RUSLE.
Thanks to the experimental device, the technique of measuring erosion using drones will be validated.