Production of potatoes for consumption in Alava under regenerative management.
- Start of project: 10/10/2022
- End of project: 31/12/2023
- Main researcher: Amaia Ortiz Barredo
- Department: Plant Production
- Funder: Operational Groups
- Budget: 43.865,05 € (62,13% financed)
- Partners: Udapa, Eroski, lrusare, EIT Food and NEIKER BIHOEL, GILBE, BARRENETXE SCOOP y NEIKER
The main objective of the project is to define quantifiable indicators that demonstrate crop soil regeneration under the general premises of regenerative agriculture for ware potato production in Alava.
- Definition of a regenerative management manual for extensive crop rotations where ware potatoes are included.
- Agricultural valorisation of regenerative agriculture (Development, monitoring and evaluation of data) through a pilot project of ware potato production under the management standard determined in action 1 and evaluation of objectifiable (measurable) parameters to guarantee certification and standardisation systems for the production system.
- Market study of a new product “regenerative ware potato”.
- Dissemination, coordination and dynamisation of ware potato production under regenerative management systems in Araba.