Effective potato crop management strategies to cope with future pest threats
- Project start: 01/06/2023
- End of project: 31/05/2027
- Principal Investigator: Enrique Ritter
- Department: Plant production and protection
- Funder: EU – H2020
- Budget: 792,296.10 € (75.49% funded)
- Partners: Fundación para el Desarrollo y la Innovación Tecnológica, Instituto Nacional de Investigaciones Agropecuarias, IRIS Technology Solutions , Cranfield , Udapa S. Coop., Chemia Spa, Palacký University, Technion-Israel Institute of Technology , European Potato Trade Association , Asociación Agraria de Jóvenes , Alma Mater Studiorum Universitá di Bologna, Kartoffel-Boehmer and European Citizen Science Association.
To develop a unique approach to identify resistance genes in potato varieties against selected pests and pathogens in order to develop innovative strategies to control the spread of potato pests and reduce potato post-harvest diseases.
- Establishment of a catalogue of resistance genes mapped against potato pests and diseases.
- Molecular characterisation of the working collection of potato accessions.
- Validation of resistance genes in the working collection of potato accessions.
- Publication and dissemination of the results obtained.