Development of new mucosal and parenteral vaccination approaches against animal tuberculosis and evaluation of their effects in mouse and rabbit intranasal tuberculosis models
- Project start: 09/01/2023
- End of project: 08/31/2026
- Main researcher: Iker Agirregomoskorta Sevilla
- Department: Animal Health
- Funder: MCIN/ AEI /10.13039/501100011033/ and by FEDER A way of making Europe
- Budget: €245,705 for direct and indirect costs (84.96% of those requested financed) and €111,758 for a predoctoral contract
- Partners: IRTA-CRESA
General objective: To evaluate the performance, immunogenicity and efficacy of different vaccine prototypes against animal tuberculosis, contrasting the effect of mucosal vaccination against other routes, through the study of immune markers, protection parameters and interferences in the diagnosis. , using mouse, rabbit and goat tuberculosis models.
- Development of new TB infection models and validation of immunological tools.
- Screening of new vaccine formulations and generation of new inactivated vaccines.
- Study of the immunogenicity and efficacy of new candidate vaccines.
- Evaluation of diagnostic interferences induced by vaccines and the use of DIVA reagents