Deals with issues of great importance and relevance to agriculture and the environment of the Basque Country: the proper management of manure and slurry and proper fertilization in farms.This is a three-year (2009-2012)long project, funded by the Pyrenees Cooperation programe of POCTEFA, and the Agriculture and livestook depatment of the Basque Government in the BAC
- Lack of coordination and communication between herders and farmers.
- Lack of storage capacity on farms.
- Insufficient information on the composition and management of livestock waste.
- Potential environmental impacts of manure and slurry application.
- Lack of adequate equipment for distribution.
- Difficulty to exploit technological advances to improve manure management.